•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 6 September 2014

Review: Max by James Patterson


Title: MAX
Series: Maximum Ride
Book #: 5th
Author: James Patterson
Pages: 309
Publisher: Little, Brown
Tags: Action, adventure, fiction
Recommended to: Character lovers
Rating: Photobucket

Maximum Ride and other members of the flock have barely recovered from their last Arctic adventure, when they are confronted by the most frightening catastrophe yet. Millions of fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii and someone--or something-- is destroyed hundreds of ship. Unable to discover the cause, the government enlists he flock to help them get to the bottom of the disaster before it is too late.

While Max and her team are exploiting the depths of the ocean, their every move is being carefully tracked by Mr. Chu-- a criminal mastermind with his own plans for the flock. Can they protect themselves from Mr.Chu's army of mercenaries and save the ocean from utter destruction?

Taschima's POV:

We are back with Max and the flock, and this time were going to Hawaii. We are presented to some new evils, as well as old ones. Max is still on her mission to save the world, but is she getting closer to the deed? Or just running in circles?

To me this book did not bring anything new to the table. I think Patterson is trying to get all the juice he can out of this series, and I got to say stop doing it. I think this series should be put to an end before it gets *shudders* any worse.

It's not that the book is bad, I mean its very enjoyable, and utterly hilarious, but I think that he just completely changed the story for us since the fourth book. Is this book better than the fourth? yeah. Am I going to keep reading them? probably, but just because of my love for the characters though.

Speaking of the characters, Max was as good as ever. Her smart-ass remarks, and her sarcastic nature never leave her for a sec, thank god for that. Fang is still as dark, and fascinating as ever, and all the other characters are true to their nature. They keep growing with every book, only reason I keep reading.

Another thing that bother me is the Mary Poppins bag of powers. I swear every time they open their mouths to say something is like, hey dudes I got gills now! Like how is that even possible? The scientist didn't do anything to make them something other than bird freaks, or did I miss something?

Please let the next book be the last, dragging the series is not always good, and I don't think even my love for the characters will make me buy another two books.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm I definitely see what you are saying. I want to read them. I may go snag them from my uncle. :) Great review! Thanks for posting it.

    ~Briana :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a James Patterson book before actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I can't read this! I haven't read the first one (or rather any before this). But I will now! :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your review! It should be ended, and it sucks that I have to say that because this series (or at least the first three books) are some of my favorites. But did hear that they were making a sixth book. *Sighs grudgingly*

    Jessica
    shutupimreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've finished the 5th already? I always feel behind when I start a new series. Not sure when I'll be picking up the 2nd of this series, nonetheless the 5th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this one was way better than book #4 - I kind of hated that one. He has changed a lot of stuff, but I still enjoy them. Books 1-3 will always be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed. Not as good as the first 3, and seriously, what is up with all the mutations? O_o?
    BTW, I finally got around to writing that awards post, you should check it out. ;)
    http://crackinspines.blogspot.com/2009/06/more-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...