•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Friday 3 July 2009

Friday Finds

Friday Finds is hosted by Should Be Reading.

Every single week my TBR pile keeps expanding. I am greedy for books. Good or bad? Probably not so good. But I can't help it, and neither can you.


And there are my 5 find picks. All kind of dark and twisted (my style), except for one. A Company of Swans caught my eye for its beautiful cover with a ballerina, the pose, and the stare.

I am the kind of person that judges a book by their cover. I'm not proud of it, but I won't lie either. All of the other covers are very eye catching as well. If I had to chooce one I guess it would be between Soulless and The Devouring.

Here are some links concerning the books.

The Year of Disappearances by Susan Hubbard

Gone by Lisa McMann

The Devouring by Simon Holt

Soulless by Gail Carriger

A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson

Edit: See the new pic of Gone? Isn't it creepy yet alluring? I so want to read this book!

On another thing...



I was nominated for the Inspiration Award by Jessica from Shut Up! I'm Reading. None of us are sure what this award is for. Inspiration? That's my best guess.



Also I as awarded the Your Blog Rock award by our very own Zombie Girrrl from Crackin' Spines and Takin'Names. And nominated once again for the Kreativ Award and the Proximade Award by Lexi from Another Page Issued.

Since I already nominated for Kreativ and proximade award, I will just nominate for the Your Blog Rocks, and the Inspirational Award.

Your Blog Rocks
*Not in order, and I'm going to try to nominate new people Lol

1. The Book Pixie
2. Pirate Penguin
3. Crakin'Spines & Takin'Names
4. Tainted Poet
5. The Book Explorer
6. B.A.M Book Reviews
7. Michelle's Bookshelf

Inpirational Award:


The first blog I ever saw. She inspired me to make one of my own,
and I'm very thankful for that.


They inspired me to created a new and better layout! ^^

Thank you all for the awards! Every Single one of them are awesome!

14 comments:

  1. Great finds this week! I love dark books :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yess... The three of us are awesome! And, You're blog does look fabulous now!

    Oo and I own the Devouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! My own award! Thanks, man! \m/ (< that's a fist of rock, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog, Taschima! Your blog does rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen A Company of Swans on many bookshelves. The cover is very alluring.

    Another award?! I need to put up a new post. I've been neglecting all the awards I've received. -.-; How did you align all of the books? I try to do that but it comes out messy. x_o

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think maybe we all judge the books by their covers! But a book has to get your attention somehow and the covers the first thing you see ^_^ So I don't really see a problem with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your awards, Taschima! And to those you have awarded them to - well done!

    I love your pics, I like dark and twisted, and horror, so these sound right up my alley, especially a dark one with no streetlamps! haha! Love the cover of Gone. Yes, I do hold my hands up to judging a book by it's cover! LOL To start with at least. :)

    Take care, and happy reading.

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got an award at my blog: http://lilibethramos.blogspot.com/2009/07/you-broke-mekreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the award. I REALLY appreciate it!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! This is our second award :D! I'll be posting the awards as soon as I get home from the 4th of July BBQ.

    Is the book "The Year of Disappearances" a sequel to "Need"? I haven't read them but the covers look so similar!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Its the second to The Society of S, haven't read need...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The books look cool, I saw the year of disappearances in the store, i just might be it :)

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...