•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Sunday 27 September 2009

Review: At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost


Title: At Grave's End
Series: Night Huntress Series
Book #: 3rd
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Pages: 342
Publisher: Avon
Rating:

"Some things won't stay buried...at grave's end."

It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.

As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.

Taschima's POV:

Cat's life seems going on better than ever. She is kicking ass as usual. The underworld has nothing on her. And at the same time she is as happy as can be with all her loved ones close by and in range, specially Bones. But her cover has been blown up. She has been spotted 3 times already by the undead, which makes the job riskier that it needs to be. Not only that, but some vamps want her more than she even thinks, and if she doesn't care for herself she can be facing a future much more worse than the grave.

I have gotten to the point in the series where I don't know how to even praise it anymore. I mean come on! It's awesome!

The characters are always my favorite part of the story. Cat with her smart ass/sarcastic comments, and Bones with his aura of deadliness that you don't know if to run from it or go him him and ravish him up. God I love him. I think he takes the number one spot on my vamp list. Just don't tell Wrath or JM (both from The Black Dagger Brotherhood). We come to see much character development from Cat, and see old but new character taking a more important role in the story. Which is FINE by me *winks*

I don't know which part is my favorite, the gore or the romance. Cause they are equally balanced. We get to see more about the vampire world, with all it's politics and everything. Sometimes you don't know if to love or hate the vamps. Nothing here is black and white, everything is gray.

Last but not least, I like the writing. I love how Jeanine writes! Good heavens, it really gets you into the moment. When the characters are down you go down with them. When they are happy you rejoice in their happiness. She has this very raw style, curses and sarcastic comments are thrown in, in any turn, but since I have no problem with that... Yay!

Anyways, I will be tell you once more that if you haven't given this series a try, YOU HAVE TO. Don't let this one fly by. That would constitute as a crime.

** Ladies, a shout out, yet again, to chapter 32!

Other books in the series:


7 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying this series. It's on my "keeper" shelf! Love Cat and Bones (don't tell Bones I'm a Tate fan too). Can't wait for First Drop of Crimson, looking forward to a different view of Ms. Frost's world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this series before. Guess I'll have to make another trip to the library very soon, LOL.

    By the wayyyyy, you have something waiting for you at my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! I can't wait to get my hands on book 4, I'm keeping my eyes open for it in bookshops.

    Great review - I'm reluctant to review books that are later in a series in case I give things away, but maybe I'll have to give it a try again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I absolutely love this series, it's bloody amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on Destined for an Early Grave!

    I'll link to all your reviews of this series from mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart this series! And Bones and JM often fight it out for top spot on my boyfriend list ;)

    And yes, chp 32....le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh wait until you read the next book =) it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...