•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Sunday 8 November 2009

New Goodies

So let me tell you guys what I did yesterday. I had 30$ saved up, and against my better judgement I went to the only place I cannot go and leave empty handed... Borders. This led to that, and before I even knew it I had 4 books in my hands (my aunt works at Borders, I get discount thanks to her). Just like that! My hard earned money I left it at Borders. Oh well, worse things could happen. Here's what I got:

The fifth book in the House of Night series. Ugh fifth, I think this series would have gone a lot better with some serious cut cut of pages and lines and just have it at 3 books right now, kind of like The Mortal Instruments series. But anyways, in this book Zoey had just fought an evil immortal and Neferet, but not for long because she will find that she is the key to his destruction, whether she likes it or not. That and her boyfriend drama, could give a girl a good time.


The other goodie is called Soulless by Gail Carriger. First one in the The Parasol Protectorate series. Soulless is a comedy of manners set in Victorian London: full of werewolves, vampires, dirigibles, and tea-drinking. Which sounds great to me.

I have read The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and since then I was dying to read something else by her. She has lots of other mystery series, and well I chose this one to continue exploring the writing of Charlaine Harris.

Though a small town at heart, Lawrenceton, Georgia, has its dark side-and crime buffs. One of whom is librarian Aurora "Roe" Teagarden, a member of the Real Murders Club, which meets once a month to analyze famous cases. It's a harmless pastime-until the night she finds a member killed in a manner that eerily resembles the crime the club was about to discuss. And as other brutal "copycat" killings follow, Roe will have to uncover the person behind the terrifying game, one that casts all the members of Real Murders, herself included, as prime suspects-or potential victims.

It's kind of like clue, so it sounds good to me.

Finally the last The Luxe book *put crying sound here* I, I... I love this series... Why do good things have to come to an end?? WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!! *stops crying, but keeps whimpering*

So yeah, It’s a new year, and Manhattan’s favorite socialites are stirring up brand-new drama: Elizabeth uncovers a dangerous secret from her past; Diana has an opportunity to follow her heart—and claim her future, Lina discovers money can buy happiness…for a time, and Penelope finds that life without Henry brings unexpected pleasures. In this dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, old ties are broken, fresh bonds are formed, and every decision comes at a cost.

That is the last of it. Good night folks.

8 comments:

  1. $30 for 4 books that's cheap to me. (Usually books cost more where I get them) Anyways great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul from the book store. I want to read Souless it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo! Nice books! I want to read Tempted so bad! Also I'm reading The Luxe novels right now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Books are never a waste of money. I got a small windfall for my birthday, and it's predestined for books. ;)
    Soulless is amazing! You are sooo going to love it! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! I actually need to go pick up Soulless from Borders myself this week... Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont ya just love it when you spend hard earned money on books! It is a good feeling. ha. But you did get good books, so that is all that matters! Happy reading! :)

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some good books there!
    I'm can't wait to read Soulless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought Soulless while I was in the States on holiday last month, sounds like a great read. I have Tempted to review too. I didn't know Charlaine Harris wrote murder mysteries, I will definitely be checking that out, thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...