•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Review: The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa De La Cruz


Title: The Van Alen Legacy
Series: A Blue Bloods Novel
Book #: 4th
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
Pages: 369
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Rating:

"The murdered do haunt their murderers"

With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side.

Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged. Young, fanged, and fabulous, Melissa de la Cruz's vampires unite in this highly anticipated fourth installment of the Blue Bloods series.

Taschima's POV:

"Great", "Fantastic", "Best one of the bunch". This are some of the comments I had heard about The Van Alen Legacy, and oh gosh I hate when rumors turn out to be wrong... SO I'm so glad the rumors hit right in the spot on this one! The Van Alen Legacy is the best Blue Blood book out of the entire series.

Since the tragic events in Rio Schuyler and Oliver have been on the run. Everybody is after them, no one believes them, and they have nothing to do but run away. While over at New York everybody is trying to act like nothing happened on the surface, but on the inside everything is chaos. Bonds are born, and broken. Blue Bloods come together and fall apart in this great new installment.

I am very surprised. As I anticipated this was a great book. I think I mentioned something about that this might be the best one yet when I posted the first chapter... Anyways! There are 3 main POV's in this book, Schuyler's, Bliss's and Mimi's. Girls book out you may say. And, interestingly enough my favorite one was Mimi's (Schuyler being a close second). Mimi has grown. She seems less like a spoiled brat and more like a woman, even though the spoil brat still lurks inside.

And yes ladies, there is plenty of romance. This book would have to be the most exciting and sad book concerning romance. There are some interesting things that happen on that department. Can't say much else, don't want to spoil it now do I?

This book answered a lot of questions, but it ended with a bunch more. Oh and the surprises! The twists and turns! This is a good book, read it, read it, read it.

6 comments:

  1. I just got done reading Blue Bloods, and it was only okay for me. I'm glad to hear that I have something to look forward too as I continue on in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to start this series, but the more I hear good about it, the more I want to start reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my favorite one in the series too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read this book. It's sitting in my TBR pile and after reading your review, I just might have to move it up a few on the list.

    Thanks!

    -Lisa
    http://alifeboundbybooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is talking about how Mimi is their favorite perspective also... I cannot wait to read it! It sounds SO good. And I hope Kingsley is in this one, he's my favorite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my fav book of the series!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...