•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday/ARQ...

Okay so I forgot it was Wednesday. To be quite honest all day today yesterday I had the feeling it was Friday. This Waiting on Wednesday today it's actually a novel I picked up today yesterday Wednesday. I'm already half way through it! Needless to say, I really like it. It was a very nice surprise, I mostly picked it out out of the blue. And I didn't pick it up because of the cover believe me cause I have the non attractive cover. I just picked it up, and it completely captured my attention.

Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: May 10th 2011 
by EgmontUSA
"High school sophomore Adam Zeigler, who lost his father to a sudden accident two years ago, thinks the best way to live life is behind the spotlight. As a member of the theater crew, he believes he's achieved it all when he wins the coveted job of spotlight operator. But that was before a young actress, Summer, appeared in his view. Instantly smitten, Adam is determined to win her over. But to do so, he'll have to defy his best friend and break the golden rule of his school: techies and actors don't mix. 
Set against the backdrop of a high school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Zadoff's latest is a bromance, a love story, and theater story in one. The politics of love and high school collide as Adam struggles to find the courage to step out of the shadows and into the light."
The Cover I currently posses:


I like the other cover better. That's just me though.

Here is a little sneak peak:
SUMMER

How came her eyes so bright? Not with salt tears:

If so, my eyes are oftener wash'd than hers.
"I love that speech," she says. "It's sort of like, if crying made people beautiful, I would be the most beautiful girl in the world."
She smooths down her hair, white fingers running through black.
Beautiful.
"You must cry a lot," I say.
"All the time," she says.
She stops, thinks about it.
"Oh, I get it," she says. "Thanks for the compliment."
I'm sure I'm blushing. I'm glad she can't see me.
"Do you cry because you're sad?"
"Sad, happy, frustrated. Lots of reasons."
"I guess it's okay for girls to cry," I say.
"You don't cry?"
"Not for a long time."
This novel is making me remember how high school was like, and its making me remember some people in specific. It's nice =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...