•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 21 July 2011

5 Reasons You Should Read Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I recently finished and reviewed Delirium, by Lauren Oliver, and although a review can give you some sense of if the book is good and why it is worth the read I think sometimes you just need that extra push over the edge. So here I am, trying my darnest to get you to read Delirium. Why? Because it's freaking awesome!

Delirium
 Hardcover, Special Edition, 480 pages
Expected publication: August 2nd 2011
by HarperCollins Publishers
1.  " We shouldn't even be talking about this,. Someone could be-"
"Someone could be listening?" She cuts me off, finishes my sentence for me. " God Lena. I'm sick of that, too. Aren't you? Sick of always checking your back, looking behind you, watching hat you say, think, do. I can't -I can't breathe, I can't sleep, I can't move. I feel like there are walls everywhere. Everywhere I go -bam! There's a wall. Everything I want- bam! Another wall.
She rakes a hand through her hair. For once, she doesn't look pretty and in control. She looks pale and unhappy, and her expression reminds me of something, but I can't place it right away."

2. "Grace's life fell apart because of a single word: sympathizer.
My world fell apart because of a single word: suicide.
Correction: That was the first time my world exploded.
The second time my world exploded, it was also because of a word. A word that worked its way out of my throat and danced onto and out of my lips before I could think about it, or stop it.
The question was: Will you meet me tomorrow?
And the word was: Yes."

3. "That's the beauty of the cure. No one mentions those lost, hot days in the field, when Thomas kissed Rachel's tears away and invented worlds just so he could promise them to her, when she tore her skin off her own arms at the thought of living without him. I'm sure she's embarrassed by those days, if she remembers them at all. True, I don't see her that often now- just once every couple of months, when she remembers she is supposed to stop by- and in that way I guess you could say that even with the procedure I lost a little bit of her. But that's not the point. The point is that she's protected. The point is that she's safe."

4. "When he finally pulls away it's like a blanket has come down over my brain, quieting all my buzzing thoughts and questions, filling me with a calm and happiness as deep and cool as snow. The only world left is yes. Yes to everything.
I really like you Lena. Do you believe me now?
Yes.
Can I walk you home?
Yes.
Can I see you tomorrow?
Yes, yes, yes."

5. "You want to hear a different one?" He doesn't wait for me to answer before beginning to recite, "'How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.'"
There's that word again: love. My heart stops when he says it, then stutters into a frantic rhythm.
"I love thee to the deph and breadth and height my soul can reach..."
I know he's only speaking someone else's words, but they seem to come from him anyway. His eyes are dancing with light; in each of them I see a bright point of candlelight reflected.
He takes a step forward and kisses my forehead softly. "I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet need...'"
"Alex-" I start to say, but the word gets tangled in my throat.
He kisses each cheekbone- a delicious, skimming kiss, barely grazing my skin. "I love thee freely..."
"Alex," I say, a little louder. My heart is beating so fast I'm afraid it will burst from my ribs."
 You could get this one or if you don't like waiting you can get the one that is out now with the original cover:

Delirium (Delirium #1)

Just to warn you though, the cover of Pandemonium goes with the special edition cover so, it's your choice. Just read it!! Also not a lot of people say this, but I actually like this cover because when you take off the jacket on the book itself there's the complete picture of the girl in this cover. The whole face is showing, and not just bits and pieces like it is here. I like it, but oh well!

If you want to read my review on Delirium click here!

If you want to see the cover of Pandemonium click here!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Thanks for the teasers :)! I've been meaning to read this for a while now but haven't got round to it. However, now I'm thinking I should get to the library pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing book and lets hope this book gets people who haven't read this interested in it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! We shared it on Deliriously Falling!
    Here:
    http://deliriouslyfalling.blogspot.com/

    xo,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...