•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Teaser Tuesday!

404 Pages
Published Oct. 18th 2011

"Then the gray water horse tears my father from his uneasy place on the back of the red stallion.
 The gray cannot keep its ragged grip on my father's chest, and so my father falls to the sand, already ruined before the hooves get to him. He was in second place, so it take a long minute before the rest of the horses have passed over the top of his body and I can see it again. By then, he is a long, black and scarlet smear half submerged in the frothy tide. The red stallion circles, halfway to a hungry creature of the sea, but he does as I asked: He does not eat the thing that was my father."
The Scorpio Races is very graphic. This paragraph is told from a ten year old's POV. I am loving it. It was so funny, cause the races and stuff begin on November 1st, and today is November 1st and I started reading the book. So cool!

Anyways, in the poll I made you guys asked I read Eve first and then Scorpio Races, and the review for Eve is already up, so Scorpio Races is coming up next.

1 comment:

  1. LOVED this book! I'm a huge Maggie fan, and this one literally made me stop breathing at points. She's definitely an author who knows how to chase her characters up a tree, and then light that tree on fire!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...