•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Best Covers of 2014 (so far)!

So as I've been lurking around Goodreads (I swear I am capable of doing this for hours on end) I came across some very pretty covers. Now, if Insignia taught me anything it was to not judge a book by it's cover, mind blowing amazing book yet crappy cover, but we all know we still do it. We are all humans, I think (sorry to any aliens or other creatures who may be reading this post, also thank you for following!), and aesthetics are a big part of life.

Here I am going to post some covers I've found online for 2014. I am not putting summaries up for covers who are sequels in order to reduce chance of being spoiled. Instead I put images of the previous books so you will be able to search for it on Goodreads. Let's begin!


Well, no summary yet, BUT this is the sequel to Pheonix by Elizabeth Richards SO I am expecting good things, very good things. This cover, while striking, is very different to the other two covers. They were more fiery, with the red theme. This one is more breezy, cool blue. It looks nice, just not exactly what I was expecting.

Black City (Black City, #1) Phoenix (Black City, #2)

----------------------------------------------


GORGEOUS! These covers are always amazing and eye catching. However, I am not so sure about the story. I started reading The Pledge and stopped about 35 pages in to do something else... and never came back. So maybe I will try it some other time. This cover's blue hue is so pretty, it seems blue is very in for 2014.

The Pledge (The Pledge, #1) The Essence (The Pledge, #2)

----------------------------------------------

On a remote island in the Pacific, Corpus scientists have taken test tube embryos and given them life. These beings--the Vitros--have knowledge and abilities most humans can only dream of. But they also have one enormous flaw.
Sophie Crue is determined to visit Skin Island and find her mother, a scientist who left Sophie behind years ago. She enlists hunky charter pilot Jim Julien to take her there. But once on the island, Sophie and Jim encounter more than they bargained for, including a charming, brilliant Vitro named Nicholas and an innocent, newly awoken one named Lux.
In a race for their lives, Sophie and Jim are about to discover what happens when science stretches too far beyond its reach.
This is a very simplistic, yet not, cover. I love it! The "small" island, the font of the cover, it all works together. So the summary is interesting but if I am honest what drew me to it was the cover.

----------------------------------------------


The model is gorgeous, and I like all the images that are barely there throughout the image. It is a very cool touch that reminds you of the first cover, Mind Games, and connects it to the series. I also love the BIG TITLE on front.

Mind Games (Mind Games, #1)

----------------------------------------------


The first cover of this series was mind blowing. Very bright and romantic and pretty much perfect. The second one is just as good really. It is certainly darker, and what is with all the 2014 covers and blue? It's a thing. I like the hurricane in the background and the two protagonists back to back which is the total opposite of the first cover when they were front to front. Verdict: Approve, and CAN'T wait to read it!

Let the Sky Fall (Sky Fall, #1)

----------------------------------------------

Haden Lord, the disgraced prince of the Underrealm, has been sent to the mortal world to entice a girl into returning with him to the land of the dead. Posing as a student at Olympus Hills High—a haven for children of the rich and famous—Haden must single out the one girl rumored to be able to restore immortality to his race.
Daphne Raines has dreams much bigger than her tiny southern Utah town, so when her rock star dad suddenly reappears, offering her full tuition to Olympus Hills High’s prestigious music program, she sees an opportunity to catch the break she needs to make it as a singer. But upon moving into her estranged father’s mansion in California, and attending her glamorous new school, Daphne soon realizes she isn’t the only student in Olympus who doesn’t quite belong.
Haden and Daphne—destined for each other—know nothing of the true stakes their fated courtship entails. As war between the gods brews, the teenagers’ lives collide. But Daphne won’t be wooed easily and when it seems their prophesied link could happen, Haden realizes something he never intended—he’s fallen in love. Now to save themselves, Haden and Daphne must rewrite their destinies. But as their destinies change, so do the fates of both their worlds.
It reminds me a lot of the divergent covers quite honestly. That is what I first thought when I first saw it. It looks very Dystopian but it is actually more about Mythology! Interesting. One thing I don't like about it is that the book's title is actually The Shadow Prince and then the series goes by Into The Dark, but you would never know this from this cover, in fact you would think the opposite. Other than that is very pleasing to the eye and it looks like a boy might even pick it up.

----------------------------------------------


Erased is the sequel to Altered, a book that was a very pleasant surprise last year. It was entertaining and moved at a quick pace, I really liked it and gave it a good review. This cover... well, it's all about the eye candy. It goes with the first cover which is a plus... sorry, I was staring at the guy's abs and lost my train of thought.  
Altered (Altered, #1)

----------------------------------------------

  

The last three are all very eye catching covers. I am VERY eager to read Evertrue, as well as To All the Boys I've Loved Before (I love this title). The Inventor's Secret I am also excited about, but I am a little more weary since I wasn't too in love with Andrea Cremer's Nightshade series. However that doesn't mean that this new series will be the same so I am definitely excited.

Feel free to leave more covers you love for 2014 in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I love the pledge series but this is byyyy far my favorite cover yet! Great post(:
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog post is absolute perfection. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the Sky Fall has some of the prettiest covers! Just gorgeous. I'd have to say The Pledge covers are sooo pretty as well, but I just wish the inside was as good as the outside. The Pledge was so "meh" for me, and I was drawn in initially by cover lust :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing WINGS on here-I have Phoenix to read this weekend and expect that I'll be eagerly anticipating WINGS once I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELOVELOVE "To All the Boys I've Loved Before"!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...